Head- Human Resources Opening with international development
Our client is an international development-consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries.
• Act as the face of HR for the company
• Enhance the value and motivation that employees as feel being part of the firm. Manage attrition and devise measures to promote retention of quality staff
• Create and manage models for geographical and sectoral learning / secondment within the company / group.
• Design models / opportunities to develop latent interest, talents and qualities of staff that will be beneficial to organizational growth
• Create a Young Leaders Programme to identify and develop future leaders for the firm.
• Optimise Staff utilization ratio and Cost / Benefit Ratio
• Manage existing HR Management ERP (Employ wise) and integrate with Oracle ERP being managed for financial operations of the company.
• Responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the organization
• Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan. Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organization, as and when they occur
• Provide information and reports on data such as staff turnover, references, cost per hire, training hours per person, etc.
• Conduct training needs analysis and designs and implement a training plan with input from business heads. Manage costs to budget.
• Ensure all staff receive appraisals in accordance with company policy and monitor probationary periods
• Co-ordinate recruitment throughout the company through management of a recruitment team/HR team. Build relationships with recruiters, draft briefs, set up interviews where necessary. Interview senior hires when necessary
• Ensure all Job Descriptions are kept up to date, create new JDs as and when necessary
• Deal with any performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way
• Monitor sickness absence.
• Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
• Provide day-to-day advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, remuneration, etc.
• Review all staff salaries and make recommendations for pay rises in consultation with dept heads. Implement any increases and promotions.
• Maintain a succession plan for all departments
• Involvement in all redundancy consultations
• Ensure payroll is completed accurately and to deadline
Qualification & Experience
• MBA (HR)
• At least 15 years of experience in managing HR, of which at least five years in similar sized organisations
• Previously influenced senior managers, built strong commercial relationships and driven an HR strategy
• HR Manager level - must be comfortable working in a standalone environment
• Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with department managers. Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas
• Ability to recognize the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues
• Act as a role model for the organization looks beyond own team as a role model and source of knowledge. Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes
• Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
• Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioral styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decision around resourcing, reporting structures and relationships
• The ability to inspire confidence of the MD/COO and other senior managers through timely delivery of information and plans. Works independently, but consults where appropriate
• Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach
• Familiar with best practice redundancy processes and experienced in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary.
• Commercial acumen - has a good overall understanding of company finances and uses this information to push back and support managers in resource and succession planning
• Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach
(Mail this job to a Friend)